Monday, November 15, 2010

Haig's- One sentence stories

This writing exercise is from Matt Haig's website. I thought I'd give you a break from beginning the next writing assignment. Each person should write their own one sentence story and post it as a comment to this blog.  Below are a few examples of one sentence short stories written by Haig

ONE SENTENCE STORIES

 
She shrank, like Alice, and only love could make her full-sized, the doctor said, but the doctor didn't know.

He looked at his hands, trembling, the blood still on them, and he told him I am sorry, brother, and he tried to mean it.

The alarm clock was off and so was the light, when he tried the switch, the last thing he ever did.

"I love you so much I cannot breathe," she said, so he breathed for her and they lived on his breath until the morning came to dissolve their flesh.



13 comments:

  1. The rain poured down from the wretched sky as he stood there, knife in hand, as the ground below him grew red. -Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the last argument they would ever have, which was interrupted only by the tractor trailer in the lane next to them when their shouting was silenced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He had lost the respect of is friends and family, so he pulled the brake, making it's mark on the world, his father, and all his troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the Redwood Forest, without food or drink, the mouse found solace in the owl's beak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried not to watch my father die, but the horror of the scene drew me in,I was sorry for killing him as he died.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The angel touched his face and whispered to him, "everything's alright," and time stopped for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was tired of the world's weight being put on him, he couldn't take the agony- he needed an outlet, the trigger solved his problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trying to live with this pain and suffering but it is too hard, I can't it anymore so I am going to disappear forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She stood there motionless, head held up only by pride, as the coldness swept up and down her spine as she watched her attacker stumble off in the platinum shackles that would become the keys to his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. when I returned, a year later, and he asked me, “won’t you kiss me?”, I had to pull away, he didn’t want to say, that he couldn’t miss me and I didn’t have the heart to tell him that we wouldn’t be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only way he could ever feel completely happy and loved is when he looks into her eyes, but with her gone he has nothing to live for, and no way or reason to bee himself again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nature was a blur as he dove off the cliff, the splashing water at the bottom embracing his long worn away dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He told me to never leave him alone again--the thought of it would kill him... it was sad I had to leave him the next night, he died of loneliness.

    ReplyDelete