Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Group 1

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE TEST FRIDAY!

The WeddingWhat was Philip’s reasoning behind the Registry Office being made out of only red bricks?
The Land of Nod
How did Philip try to kill Uncle Alan? Who died instead?
The Voice Out of the Wall
“I put my duvet over my head and the voices went away but other things started so I put my head over the duvet and heard Mum say Your whisky” (pg.273). What do you think Philip meant by “other things”
Why does Philip think the town makes noises at night? (pg. 274)

1 comment:

  1. The Wedding
    What was Philip’s reasoning behind the Registry Office being made out of only red bricks?
    >>He says it’s because it’s plain and people won’t notice it, like God, so he can’t strike them with lightning for breaking the promise of marriage.

    The Land of Nod
    How did Philip try to kill Uncle Alan? Who died instead?
    >>He tried to burn down the garage, but instead Mr. Fairview died.

    The Voice Out of the Wall
    “I put my duvet over my head and the voices went away but other things started so I put my head over the duvet and heard Mum say Your whisky” (pg.273). What do you think Philip meant by “other things”
    >>The other things are in his head, they’re flashbacks and he’s seeing things. He’s remembering what had just happened to Mr. Fairview and he wants them to go away.

    Why does Philip think the town makes noises at night? (pg. 274)
    >>The town makes noises to keep the bad people awake at night.

    VALERIE, WADE, ALEX, and DANIELLE

    ReplyDelete