Sunday, March 22, 2020

Last Creative Nonfiction Assignment for Marking Period Q3

AGENDA:

Dear Juniors,

I hope all of you are doing well.  Keep checking the blog and Google Classroom!  Thank you to those of you who told me you could not access the Great Courses lecture without the pay wall.  Fortunately, I can access it since I bought the subscription, and I'm now stuck at home missing you.  I hope it will keep me occupied, and I'm looking into to Zoom to keep us connected.

On another note:
Congratulations to our SOKOL winners:
Raeona Hampton, 2nd Poetry
Jenna Le, 2nd Prose
and our own Madison Sutherland, 3rd prose---YAY!
Some of you might receive finalist notes, too!

Work on your academics and keep reading, but you need to do one more assignment to get you through Q3:

Here is the last assignment for the Creative Nonfiction unit for this marking period,:

Write a magazine article for a specific magazine that you choose.  Follow the guidelines for the magazine.  I suggest that you keep your article to 1,000 words (4 pages).

Here are some valuable resources to read:


https://www.theadventurouswriter.com/blogwriting/types-of-feature-articles-to-write-for-magazines/

https://www.theadventurouswriter.com/blogwriting/10-ways-to-write-better-articles-for-magazines/

https://www.freelancewriting.com/magazine-writing/how-to-write-a-magazine-article/

https://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Magazine-Article

PLEASE POST ON BLOG SO I KNOW YOU ARE STAYING CURRENT and FOR CREDIT (10/10) because I know you're reading this:

Post on the blog your magazine article project.

For example, just post:  I am going to write an article on __________ for __________ magazine.


Go to Google Classroom to post your finished magazine article.  I will have a new assignment
posted there and can give you feedback and credit for your work on this.

I miss you so much!

10 comments:

  1. Is this assignment due at the end of the marking period?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows when we'll be able to return? Just begin to think about it, but don't worry about it. If you get it started, that will be good.

      Delete
  2. I am going to write a magazine article on something for a magazine but I have no idea what yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's OK. Just think about it some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to write an article about something related to current events maybe for an unnamed magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to write an article on the ocean

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to write an article on animal cruelty for an unnamed magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! Look forward to reading it. Take a look at magazines about animals.

    ReplyDelete