Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Like Water for Chocolate

You have read through February for today. Over the break, you should read up to ( but not including) August. So, you will have read January-July when we come back from the break. (And finish up those 2nd person stories!)

Agenda for today:
  1. What is Magical Realism?
  2. What have you noticed about the book so far?
  3. Watch Like Water for Chocolate film
Interested in more links?

Laura Esquivel's biography:

IMBD about Como agua para chocolate:

Magical Realism:
Definitions of Magical Realism:




2 comments:

  1. Magical realism is the feeling of almost "impossibility" in your daily life. Magical realism is not necessarily supernatural activities, because that would not be realism, but a sense of your life having more than what meets the eye. Maybe? This is a hunch, mind you..

    I honestly haven't noticed much about the book so far, other than perhaps that it's written quite well. It reads, to me, almost like a diary. How it goes through the seasons, (also reminds me of my poetry cycle!).
    So, I'll get a deeper answer when I get deeper into the book I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Savannah for your comment!!

    Ms. Moraites

    ReplyDelete